Many doctors and health physicians routinely prescribe Nail Fungus Medication prescription drugs or some kind of Nail Fungus Medicine for treating nail fungus.
These drugs and medicines do work, but do come with substancial risks and possible side effects that can be quite severe. As you read further below you will see why there is a trend away from these drugs.
Medications also cost a small fortune as compared to much safer natural alternatives .
|This information below is not to be used as medical advice or a substitute from seeking medical advice from a health professional.
This information is to help you decide whether drug approach or trying a natural alternative first is best for you.
Common Oral Prescription Medication
The most common oral prescription medication for treating nail fungus include:
Brief Comment on Lamisil
Lamisil has become the most common nail fungus medication prescribed by doctors. This prescription drug contains the antifungal agent ‘terbinafine.’ Lamisil is taken in tablet form of one pill every day for 6-12 weeks.
On page 6 of the technical information disclosure from Novartis lists the possible side effects from Lamisil. Here is an extract just of the very common gastrointestinal disorders:
Rounded Rectangle: Gastrointestinal disorders: Very common: nausea, vomiting, flatulence, mild abdominal discomfort, abdominal cramps, anorexia, diarrhoea, dyspepsia/gastritis, belching, feeling of fullness, loss of appetite
Hmm, are you interested now!
Side Effects from Nail Fungal Medications
Fungal infections are difficult to treat with medications are the fungus is growing inside the nail where there is no blood flow to deliver the active ingredients of the drugs.
Thus the medications needs to be powerful to get a small dosage somewhere near the fungal growth. This is why nail fungus medications are famous for their toxicity as your doctor will warn you about.
If you are thinking about taking medications it is advisable you learn to recognize the symptoms of liver toxicity. A
lthough the symptoms are uncommon, or have a mild effect, they are still a concern for many thousands – which you may just be one of them.
Nail fungus is not a life threatening conditions
so a Natural Alternative should be tried first
Side Effects and Signs of Liver Toxicity:
- Severe Stomach Aches
- Appetite Loss
- Dark Urine
- Pale Stools
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Jaundice (a yellow-skin appearance common in new born babies). Jaundice occurs when your liver cannot filter and clean your blood because the prescription drugs are causing havoc with your liver
- Rash or Itchy Skin
- Altered Sense of Taste
This should really scare you –
The Government Issueing Health Warnings about the use of Lamasil and Sporanox.
- The Food and Drug Administration is requiring that labels for the prescription drugs Sporanox and Lamisil carry stronger warnings about potential liver damage, and labels for Sporanox also cite potential heart damage …
- The new labeling for both drugs strengthens current warnings of serious liver problems, including liver failure and death, associated with Sporanox products and Lamisil tablets …
- It found 94 reports of patients developing congestive heart failure. The FDA said it believes that the drug contributed to the disease in 58 cases …
- The agency said it has reviewed 16 possible Lamisil-associated cases of liver failure including 11 deaths and 24 cases of liver failure …
There is a Natural Alternative that has None of These Side Effects.
Zeta Clear has shown considerable results and is quickly becoming a first option for many. With Food and Drug Administration registration why take the risk!
Reasons Why You Should Seek an Alternative to Nail Fungus Medications
- If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or seeking to become pregnant.
- Medications can cause fertility problems in males and females.
- Taking oral contraceptives to prevent pregnancy.
- Possibility of drug interactions if you are already on medication. Seek medical advice.
- Not recommended in a number of health ailments, such as a pre-existing liver or kidney disease.
- If you are susceptible to any of the possible side effects.
Prescription Drug Cost
Unfortunately as nail fungus is a huge problem drug companies are taking full advantage of this. It is estimated that around 30 million people in America alone suffer from nail fungus of some description.
Lamisil, for example, can cost more than $8 per pill. For a 12 week course, at one pill a day, expect to pay about $700. It may take longer to cure, and there is still no guarantee of success.
If you don’t have a health benefit for prescription medications a script for a course of treatment will cost you dearly, literally dollars a day. Drugs are simply unaffordable for many which are why an alternative company has developed much cheaper, safer and a natural alternative treatment.
Nail fungus is a problem, and will continue to be a problem. Drug companies have found means to control nail fungus infections through nail fungus medications. But unfortunately drug companies are taking advantage of this global problem.
Medications have been developed, tested, and as is with many drugs, there are still possible side effects.
Whether you choose a prescription drug, or a natural approach with extracts that contain antifungal agents, is your choice.
Just remember that natural is always a better approach.