An alternative method is to use Hydrogen Peroxide as an Oxidation Therapy to Cure Nail Fungus.
Claims of success are quite varied showing mixed reports though. There are better alternative treatments but as hydrogen peroxide is inexpensive some give a shot anyway.
Hydrogen peroxide is an extremely safe method when used in the proper dilution for treating nail fungus. Our bodies produce hydrogen peroxide as a first defence against infection, bacteria, parasites and yeast.
There is a chemical reaction that causes this within our bodies where the hydrogen peroxide frees its extra oxygen atom to initiate an oxidizing reaction, killing the intruder.
Hydrogen peroxide is simply water with an extra oxygen molecule attached. As in the chemical reaction H2O+O) = H2O2 Hydrogen Peroxide has many uses and applications for treating many health related problems. Just Google search and be amazed.
How Do You Apply Hydrogen Peroxide for Nail Fungus?
- A finger soak is best to treat a nail fungus with oxidation therapy. Mix 2 ounces of food grade hydrogen peroxide (35%) and mix with warm water and soak the infected nails for 30 minutes.
- You can also mix up a premade solution and apply it to your nail several times a day.
- If you use over-the-counter hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration) you will need about 12 times the hydrogen peroxide to have an equally effective solution.
- Repeat this treatment 3-4 times per week until the infection has cleared.
Why Doesn’t Hydrogen Peroxide Work for Everyone?
- Hydrogen Peroxide does not penetrate the nail effectively to the depths where the fungi spores are hiding. Very few topical ointments or gels actually do. You may have better success by filing your nail thinner for better penetration.
- Remember when treating nail fungus with an ozone or oxidative therapy your success depends on your willingness to continue the treatment until the infection has grown out of the nail. There are mixed reports of success and a huge variance in time frames.
- This kind of treatment is lengthy and not commonly used. The biggest issue is finding something to do with yourself as your feet and/or hands are within the solution for a period of the day, every day.
- Some claim success of a temporary cure but the infection has returned within a short period of time.
A Better Alternative to Hydrogen Peroxide
A better alternative is to use a natural antifungal product that has been specifically designed to treat nail fungus.
Although hydrogen peroxide may work better success has come from Zeta Clear.
Zeta Clear is registered with the Food and Drug Administration (F.D.A.) as a specific cure for nail fungus.
Applied once in the morning and night with a brush applicator found in the lid of the bottle, this treatments is far quicker and takes away all the hassles of any time consuming soakings.
Zeta’s main ingredient is Tea Tree oil. This oil has ever growing evidence of antifungal properties being one of only a few oils that can penetrate the nail where many other ointments and gels don’t.
Great success has come with this product and I am sure you will have a better success rate than using hydrogen peroxide. This product has a 90 day money back guarantee. That’s confidence.